Oatmeal with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
Prep Time: 3 Min Cook Time: 10 Min Total Time: 13 Min
- 1/2 cup slow-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- At home mix the ingredients together and place in a microwavable bag.
- At cooking time add 1 cup boiling water to the bag, seal tightly, and place in a fleece or a hat to keep warm.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy this sweet breakfast.
Options For Replacing The Cinnamon For Variety
- 1/4 raisins (adds 130 calories)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (this has to be mixed in at home and adds 190 calories)
- 2 slices of broken up crisp-cooked bacon (or bacon bits) (adds 70 calories)
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Dry weight is 4.25 ounces (for basic recipe)