Mt. Rainier in Washington has a lot to offer
Mt. Rainier area – National Weather Service Forecast (Ashford)
Mt. Rainier Summit – National Weather Service Forecast
Weather history 10 miles southwest of Mt. Rainier for the last 7 days
Weather history 30 miles northeast of Mt. Rainier for the last 7 days
Northwest Mountain Weather Forecasts (Inactive in summer)
Mt. Rainier Avalanche Forecast (Inactive in summer)
Mt. Rainier National Park Service Website
Gifford Pinchot Forest Service Website
Mt. Rainier History
Mt. Rainier Wikipedia
Webcam for Mt. Rainier Nation Park at Longmire
Links for the Mt. Rainier National Park
Links to tons of useful stuff about Mt. Rainier
I have been using the attached spreadsheet as a trip planner for some time, and thought I would share it. Feel free to use it, modify etc…
Wonderland Trail trip Planner
One way driving times without delays are as follows:
- Longmire to Paradise ~25 minutes, 12 miles.
- Paradise to Ohanapecosh via Stevens Canyon ~45 minutes, 23 miles.
- Ohanapecosh to White River/SR410 Junction ~30 minutes, 17 miles.
- White River/SR410 Junction to Sunrise ~45 minutes, 14 miles.
- White River/SR410 Junction to Carbon River via Enumclaw ~ 2 hours, 60 miles.
- Longmire to Carbon River via Eatonville/Orting ~2.5 hours, 80 miles.
- Longmire to Mowich Lake via Eatonville/Orting ~3 hours, 89 miles.
Mt. Rainier Park trails Google Earth .KMZ file
Mt. Rainier Park Trip Planning Information
Wilderness Camping & Climbing Permit Reservation
Front Country Camping Reservations
Wonderland Trail Conditions
Mileage and route from 2003 – Not currently working
Wonderland Trail Mileage Matrix
Counterclockwise Elevation Profile
More profiles – Not currently working