Spaghetti with Angel Hair Pasta
This is a filling meal for dinner.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 119g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- .75 oz packet of spaghetti sauce mix (1/2 of the package)
- 3.5 ounces Angel Hair Pasta (break to fit into a plastic bag)
- .5 ounce of pre-sliced turkey pepperoni
- 3 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- Mix the .75 ounce of the spaghetti sauce mix with the tomato paste and spread the tomato paste onto a lightly oiled plastic dehydrator tray made to hold liquids.
- Cook the pasta according to al-dente directions and put the past on a dehydrator tray.
- Spread out the turkey pepperoni on a dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate tomato paste and pasta overnight at about 140 degrees.
- Peel off the dehydrated tomato paste, rip it up, and place it in a waterproof plastic sandwich bag.
- Put the pasta into a separate plastic bag.
- In camp add 1/2 cup warm water to the tomato paste. The paste needs about an hour to rehydrate. Squeeze the sauce a bit to see check for rehydration.
- At dinnertime, boil 1 1/2 cups of water and add the pasta. Bring the pasta to a boil and add the sauce and pepperoni.
- Stir so the food doesn’t scotch and turn off when the meal begins to boil.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to finish rehydration.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce and eat.
- In Leave No Trace, after dinner use some warm water to rinse out the pot twice and drink the water.
Eyehike - Your Guide to Hiking https://www.eyehike.com/2016/