- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- .75 oz packet of spaghetti sauce mix (1/2 of the package)
- 5 ounces Angel Hair Pasta (break to fit into a plastic bag)
- .5 ounce of pre-sliced turkey pepperoni
- 3 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Mix the .75 ounce of the spaghetti sauce mix with the tomato paste and spread the tomato paste onto a lightly oiled plastic dehydrator tray made to hold liquids.
- 2 Cook the pasta according to al-dente directions and put the past on a dehydrator tray.
- 3 Spread out the turkey pepperoni on a dehydrator tray.
- 4 Dehydrate tomato paste and pasta overnight at about 140 degrees.
- 5 Peel off the dehydrated tomato paste, rip it up, and place it in a waterproof plastic sandwich bag.
- 6 Put the pasta into a separate plastic bag.
- In camp add 1/2 cup warm water to the tomato paste. The paste needs about an hour to rehydrate. Squeeze the sauce a bit to see check for rehydration.
- At dinnertime, boil 1 1/2 cups of water and add the pasta. Bring the pasta to a boil and add the sauce and pepperoni.
- Stir so the food doesn’t scorch and turn off when the meal begins to boil.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to finish rehydration.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce and eat.
- In Leave No Trace, after dinner use some warm water to rinse out the pot twice and drink the water.
Serving Size 324g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 123
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 119g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.