Oatmeal with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
This recipe is an easy way to keep costs down. I was asked to put this out on the web because it doesn't use much fuel. You can try this at home without the sugar, then add sugar to taste. The oats are bought in bulk to save money. This makes one filling serving. The mix of slow-cooking oats and quick oats keeps this from becoming a gooey mass. See the options for the cinnamon.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 107g
Dietary Fiber 11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/2 cup slow-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- At home mix the ingredients together and place in a microwavable bag.
- At cooking time add 1 cup boiling water to the bag, seal tightly, and place in a fleece or a hat to keep warm.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy this sweet breakfast.
Options for replacing the cinnamon for variety
- 1. 1/4 raisins (adds 130 calories)
- 2. 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (this has to be mixed in at home)
- 3. 2 slices of broken up crisp-cooked bacon (or bacon bits) (adds 70 calories)
Eyehike - Your Guide to Hiking https://www.eyehike.com/2016/