- Photo sizesSquare
XXS - tiny
XS - extra small
S - small
M - medium
L - large
- LanguageAfrikaans Argentina Azərbaycanca
Bahasa Indonesia Brasil Brezhoneg
Català Česky Dansk
Deutsch Dhivehi English
English English Español
Esperanto Estonian Euskara
Finnish Français Français
Gaeilge Galego Hrvatski
Íslenska Italiano Latviešu
Lëtzebuergesch Lietuviu Magyar
Malay México Nederlands
Norsk bokmål Norwegian nynorsk Polski
Português Română Slovenšcina
Slovensky Srpski Svenska
Tiếng Việt Türkçe Wolof
Ελληνικά Български Македонски
Монгол Русский Српски
Українська עברית العربية (مصر)
العربية العربية پارسی
தமிழ் ಕನ್ನಡ ภาษาไทย
ქართული ខ្មែរ 中文 (繁體)
中文 (香港) 日本語 简体中文
Home / Mountaineer Trail Photos OR 18
- From near Timberline Lodge the view to the south shows Mt. Jefferson on the horizon.
- At the junction for the Palmateer Trail you can see Mt. Hood rising in the distance. This trail is covered by snow for much of the year.
- Climbing the Palmateer trail soon brings you to the timberline and the views become more impressive with every few steps.
- As you follow the Palmateer trail higher and higher the trees get smaller and smaller.
- As you follow the Palmateer trail higher and higher patches of snow linger all year.
- Mt. Jefferson appears as a phantom in the mist from Timberline Lodge.
- Illumination Rock juts out from the northwest slope of Mt. Hood. This base of this can be a good alternate hike destination.
- Mt. Jefferson rises above the distant mountains to the south of Mt. Hood.
- Up close, Mt. Hood shows rugged faces of rock and snow. The Mountaineer Trail takes you close to these jagged rocks.
- Above the timberline, only plants that hug the ground can gather enough warmth to survive and grow. These plants have adapted to cold nights by having small leaves and tiny stems.
- On the Mountaineer's Trail there are a few blazes painted on rocks help mark the trail.
- The cobalt-blue sky above Mt. Hood shows the ruggedness of Mt. Hood.
- The cobalt-blue sky and a few wispy clouds above Mt. Hood shows the ruggedness of Mt. Hood.
- Mt. Jefferson rises in the far distance.
- Illumination Rock is on the left side of the picture. The rock has a columnar basalt formation and lies between the Zigzag and Reid glaciers.